Prussian State Railways P4 Locomotive
During the Depression ( 1929-1934) many engines of this class were mothballed. In the late 1930s they returned to active duty, but only on branch lines. Following the Japanese occupation class 600 were renumbered B51. Class B51 continued to be operated by the Indonesian Railway Company till the early 1980s.
The last surviving engine of this series is B5112 which has been put on static display at the Ambarawa Railway Museum since 1976. Soon, however, B5112 will running again thanks to restoration works that are being done at the Ambarawa locomotive depot. Currently the boiler is back in working order and the depot staff are starting work on the cylinders. When ready, the engine will haul tourist train between Ambarawa and Tuntang.
B 5135 (Photo: Tony Ford)